March 18, 2015

Argh America

So this picture was probably taken in Europe. This is from a site called dawnthieves. And if you love wolves then check them out. Ehhh here's the link dawthieves link All the people here are amazing! They share their pictures for free and I don't think there's any guaranteed compensation, and as long as you're not making money off of it then you can basically go to town with their stuff. Ahh, it's people like that that make my life of stealing pictures of wolves from the web to add these words to and mess with and draw from and admire so much more fullfilling. It is not an obsession. Anyway getting sidetracked.

Most of these pictures are taken in Europe, and while I understand that America does have some redeeming qualities; uhmm by today's standards anyone want to point them out to ignorant me? No seriously, we are a melting pot, a conglomeration, and yet we've done some things we're not to proud of. Most countries have. And yet while we try overly hard to make up for it the problems now seem more severe than they did back when we were killing each other.

Anyway, there are wolf conservation centers here in the U.S.A. so I haven't completely condemned my country yet! Still in this site I'm just not seeing a lot of wolves that are found in the U.S.' national parks and conservation centers, and education programs. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough, still it seems like America is still on the fence about wolves.

It's hard for me to understand anyone who truly believes that wolves are anything but wild, beautiful, amazing, and cute (well don't tell them I said that!) creatures. I don't see much of the risk I suppose typing here, but still even just looking at the facts they are not really in the favor of either side. Wolves are predators, they do kill livestock. But wolves are not regular man hunters, the most that could be said for that is that they are scavengers.

Anyway, two thoughts to leave you with today, and sorry it's so scattered seeing as I'm doing this later at night.

1. Why does America not have as much representation as far as wolves go. We seem to be between knowing that we can exterminate them all and wanting to quiet up the people telling us to, and being 'eco friends' and holding paws with them behind fences.

2. What is your opinion on large predators? They might be endangered but they still pose risks, and yet there is a certain beauty in them when you see that shot someone took weeks to find, and many still think; what magnificent creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment